Connect with Local Customers
1 out of 5 searches on Google is local. That means local customers typed a city or town plus a product or service they wanted to find. It’s important that you appear in the search results if you are where they are and have what they need.
Make your website “Local Friendly”
- Add your street address to every page if you have a physical location, or list the areas you serve if you provide on-site services. Include city names in your content so people in the area can find you. Think about a NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number).
- Make sure you are listed with Google and Bing (we do this for you).
- Get proactive with online ratings and reviews.
- Create a Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or Pinterest business page.
- Create Foursquare deals
- Start blogging
- Stay on a regular update schedule so people know when you look for your latest news.
- Engage local customers with images, links, and promotions
97% of online American consumers use online media when researching products and services
63% of shoppers consistently read reviews before making a purchase decision
Thank customers for positive reviews and respond politely to negative comments.
Encourage happy customers to leave reviews of their own.